Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Where did that month go?

I can't believe a month has gone by since posting.  I've been so busy doing everything and nothing.  I joined the on-line version of Weight Watchers on July 30th and have been doing well.  So far I've lost 25 pounds and have been finding it not so hard, really.  I have the support of my husband and kids and have found the Hungry Girl website to also be a great help with her suggestions for different foods..  The hardest thing was getting the mindset to just START.   I have a long way to go and will keep you posted.  I've been using a nice treadmill that we purchased used at a sporting goods store.  It's so nice to be able to walk inside where it's not 100 degrees, and without getting gnats in your eyes or having to continuously swat yellow flies away.  They hurt when they bite!  

On the quilt subject, I'm STILL working on that Pineapple Blossom pattern from Bonnie Hunter's site.  It's taking FOREVER!  I really need to get it finished since the quilt on my bed has gotten thin and has tears in it (it's 18 years old and has been washed more times than I can remember). 

I have several more quilts that I want to start, and I also want to do the new mystery one that Bonnie will be starting posting in November.   I think she called it Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll.  Can't wait!  I just love her patterns.  

Well, the kids are up and it's time to get everyone ready for school.  I have a busy day today, lots of running around to do, so may not get to sew...again.  Have a great day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment